- 1 whole chicken boiled with onion, sweet pepper, tomato, a stalk of celery and a bay leaf
- 3 cups of white rice
- 6 cups of broth
- 2 tbsp of vegetable oil
- Achiote to taste (annatto oil)
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 sweet bell pepper, minced
- 1 cup of cooked green beans, sliced
- 1 cup cooked carrot, minced
- 4 tbsp of cilantro, minced
- Remove the skin from the chicken and shred the meat. Save six cups of broth.
- Heat the oil in the casserole and add the annatto oil. Add and sauté the onion and sweet pepper. Add the rice and stir well. Season with salt. Add the broth and bring to boil. Cover and lower the heat.
- Add the chicken, green beans and carrots. Finish cooking over low heat.
- Add minced cilantro before serving.