COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Update
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Update- OPEN to Travelers Worldwide
Dear valued members of the Pura Vida Retreat & Spa family:
First, please know how deeply we appreciate the trust you place in us when you walk through our doors. It is our top priority to offer all our guests a respite from stress and worry, and to facilitate the healing of mind, body, and spirit.
*As of April 1st, 2022, the Costa Rican government eliminated their COVID 19 entry requirements. Regular entry requirements are in effect. These can be found on the Costa Rica Tourism Board website. Specifically:
- The health pass is no longer required for entry.
- A negative Covid test is not required for entry.
- Travel insurance will not be required for unvaccinated visitors.
**As of June 13th, 2022, a negative COVID19 TEST is no longer mandatory at Pura Vida and the United States no longer requires it for re-entry.
However, we recently found out that non-US citizens may be required to present proof of a negative COVID19 TEST if flying into the US or passing through en route to another destination. Please check with your airlines to verify.
Although traveler’s insurance is no longer required, we do highly recommend that you obtain it anyway. Here is a list of international insurance options.
Trawick International is the most popular because of their affordable rates. Many people have told us their policy was easily accepted when entering Costa Rica. Trawick offers the Safe Travels Voyager plan for US residents. The mandatory $2,000 accommodation coverage is included under Trip Delay.
Recently, Trawick added two plans for travelers from other countries (outside the US). These plans meet Costa Rica’s requirements as well. They are the Safe Travels International plan and Safe Travels International Cost Saver plan.
Other international insurance companies that travelers have used include Insubuy, Travel Guard Preferred, and Seven Corners. Seven Corners offers coverage for residents of almost every country, with some exclusions.
FOR THE SAFETY OF ALL GUESTS AND STAFF PURA VIDA IS UPHOLDING THE FOLLOWING COVID 19 BEST HEALTH PRACTICES
As of July 1st, 2022, masking is no longer mandatory at Pura Vida Retreat & Spa. However, we do suggest that you bring masks with you and use them when in enclosed spaces.
FROM PURA VIDA’s SIDE:
- Pura Vida is operating at a maximum capacity of 48 people until May 1st, 2023.
- Pura Vida has established the following COVID19 protocols:
- Provided hand sanitizing stations throughout property.
- Placed COVID-19 instructional signs throughout property.
- All high traffic/use areas and rest rooms are sanitized every hour.
PURA VIDA’S STAFF MUST:
- Wear masks.
- Sanitize all housekeeping devices after each use.
- Wash hands regularly.
- Disinfect all surfaces in public areas every 30 minutes.
- Sanitize restaurant service stations and tables every 30 minutes and/or after a completed service.
- Sanitize public bathrooms every 30 minutes.
- Handle and sanitize all linens (restaurant and rooms) following the new established COVID-19 protocols.
For our guests that enjoy our sanctuary please know that rigorous cleaning practices and disinfection protocols are the new standards at Pura Vida.
Please know that we are here to support you in whatever way we can and will continue to provide you with the most up-to-date information available so that you can make informed and conscientious travel decisions.
Thank you for your continued trust in Pura Vida Retreat & Spa. We look forward to welcoming you.