Depression and anxiety has become an epidemic in our society with more people than ever seeking relief through both conventional and alternative methods. Trauma, loss, and the everyday challenges of
Depression and anxiety has become an epidemic in our society with more people than ever seeking relief through both conventional and alternative methods. Trauma, loss, and the everyday challenges of daily life can create constriction and loss of connection in the physical and emotional body. From these big and small traumas, our body begins to form in a way that sets in fatigue, exhaustion, distress, difficulty focusing, irritability and physical pain.
The physical toll of depression and anxiety reveals itself in the body through tension, pain, misalignment and discomfort. In this course you will learn specific hands-on massage techniques that unwind targeted areas of the body that have been contracted, bringing more flow and movement into the structure. We will look at the science behind depression and anxiety, what is happening in the brain as well as the importance of understanding conventional treatments. We will explore emotional anatomy, including how the body is shaped by our thoughts, feelings and beliefs, and discuss how mindfulness practices can help free us from negative thought patterns. We will incorporate movement and grounding body-centered practices can help support a distressed emotional body system.
You will learn simple body-centered practices to help people feel more alive, connected and embodied through breath, bioenergetics, massage and compassionate presence. Through these embodied practices you will discover the body’s innate ability to recalibrate, reset and restore to its natural flow, beyond depression and anxiety.
This hands-on and highly experiential class is intended for the bodywork practitioner to support clients in the healing of depression and anxiety however, this training is open to everyone interested in empowering massage and bodywork tools to help feel more vital in everyday life.
All-inclusive package details:
• 7 day / 6 night retreat with your choice of accommodations and healthy meals
• All-inclusive training and retreat begins at $1299 per person with companion pricing available
• Delicious health-minded buffet style meals all made with fresh, seasonal ingredients with vegetarian, chicken and fish options. Meal plans start with dinner on the night of arrival and end with breakfast on the day of departure.
• Seasonal local fruit available throughout the day. Juice bar with items for purchase such as fresh wheatgrass shots, custom blended chai, ginger tea, chocolate and fruit smoothies.
• Daily Bodywork for Depression & Anxiety sessions and movement classes with downtime built in to the schedule for excursions, rest and spa services!
• Onsite Wellness Center with Ayurveda, massage, skin care, Watsu, reflexology and more!
• Outdoor swimming pool and hot tub
• Coffee plantation hike included and choose from optional eco-tours such as waterfall tour, hot springs, white water rafting and more!
• Round-trip airport shuttle transfer is included to Pura Vida Spa from SJO International airport
• Availability of experienced retreat facilitators with global travel experience
• Massage therapists receive 21 NCBTMB continuing education hours and open to anyone with interest in healing depression and anxiety
To register: www.cultivatinginnerstillness.com/event/bdacostarica2019/or call 919-907-0579 or firstname.lastname@example.org
2 (Saturday) 2:00 pm - 8 (Friday) 11:00 am cst
Pura Vida Retreat & Spa
800 Mts SW From Minisuper Pavas