Our vision is to combine an unforgettable family vacation that leaves you feeling more nourished at the end of the week, complete with unforgettable memories, personal rejuvenation, deeper family connection, and new friendships. Your retreat week
Our vision is to combine an unforgettable family vacation that leaves you feeling more nourished at the end of the week, complete with unforgettable memories, personal rejuvenation, deeper family connection, and new friendships.
Your retreat week includes your lodging for the week, healthful meals, your family airport shuttle to and from SJO International and the full program of classes for your family including:
Adult Flow and Yin Style Yoga classes (14+)
Through meditation, movement, breathing, and self-awareness exercises, you’ll learn how to:
- Shift from frustration & anxiety to patience & peace
- Practice Self-care to be a better parent, partner & friend
- Navigate stressors to feel more engaged, present & joyful in life
In these experiential workshops you will learn how to:
- Stay centered and in the flow while parenting
- Create more joyful and peaceful communication, connection, and cooperation
- Learn simple effective tools to address parenting challenges
It’s not about being perfect! Parenting, like anything in life, has challenges. But come learn effective tools to navigate those challenges and find the FLOW in your family life.
Using the joys and challenges of family life to become more connected, caring, cooperative and fulfilled. Themes such as:
- Family Communication – practicing how to simply, clearly, and authentically express yourselves while learning how to be caring, empathetic, and deep listeners.
- Emotional Safety Plan – working with your family members to find the best ways to support oneself and others in times of emotional upset.
- Teamwork – learning the importance and responsibility of contributing to the family team allowing each family member and the family as a whole to thrive.
Kids Classes (6+)
Where martial arts meets inner well-being! Through fun martial arts games and drills, kids will have tangible learning experiences in mindfulness, conscious breathing, and social-emotional intelligence. Classes emphasize intrinsic motivation and focus on connection rather than competition in an environment that encourages empathy, kindness and teamwork.
*IMPORTANT* The minimum age for our retreat programming is 6. The center does NOT offer baby sitting services, so outside of class times, kids must be supervised by an adult. We will offer some kid craft time and a few other opportunities outside of adult classes for parents to have some personal time to attend parent-centered workshops or simply rejuvenate in the spa or hot tub.
11 (Saturday) 2:00 pm - 17 (Friday) 11:00 am CST
Pura Vida Retreat & Spa
800 Mts SW From Minisuper Pavas