- 2 lbs Yukon gold yellow potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup lime or lemon juice
- 2 -3 tablespoons yellow hot pepper paste
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup of yellow onion, chopped
- ¼ cup of red sweet peppers, diced
- ¼ cup of celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of parsley, chopped
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- ½ tablespoon of yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Juice of half of a lime
- 2 -3 hard-boiled eggs, diced
- 1 avocado sliced
- 6 -8 pitted black olives and some parsley
- Place the potatoes in a large pot of cold, salted water. Bring to a boil and cook the potatoes until they are tender and cooked through. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Mix all the ingredients for the filling together, and set aside.
- When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, peel them. Mash the potatoes with a potato masher until smooth. Stir in the oil, pepper paste if using, lime or lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
- Line a casserole dish or baking pan with plastic wrap, pressing it down to fit the dish. Spread half the potatoes into the bottom of the dish and smooth out. Spread the desired filling evenly over the potatoes. Cover the filling with avocado slices. Spread the remaining potatoes evenly over the filling. Press down gently to firm up your causa. Cover and chill thoroughly.
- Lay a serving platter upside-down over the top of the causa dish. Using both hands, flip the dish and platter over, letting the causa fall onto the platter. Remove and discard the plastic wrap.
- Garnish the causa decoratively with the olives parsley. Cut into portions and serve.