- 1 small roasted beet
- 1 can cooked chickpeas, mostly drained
- 1 tsp of cumin
- juice of half of a lime
- pinch salt and black pepper
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of tahini
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of Italian parsley
Once your beet is cooled and peeled, quarter it and place it in your food processor. Blend until only small bits remain.
Add remaining ingredients except for olive oil and blend until smooth.
Drizzle in olive oil as the hummus is mixing.
Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, adding more salt, lime juice or olive oil if needed. If it’s too thick, add a bit of water.
Will keep in the fridge for up to a week.