- 2 green plantain, diced into small squares
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- ½ red pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- ½ tbs of tomato paste
- 1 tsp of cumin
- 1 tsp of oregano
- ½ tbs of Worcester sauce
- Pinch of sugar
- 2 tbs of olive oil
- 2 tbs of cilantro, chopped
- Salt an pepper to taste
- Boil the plantain in enough water. Cook it “al dente”
- Sautée with oil, the onion, the pepper and garlic. Add the tomato, tomato paste and all the spices. Mix well and then add ¾ cup of water. Reduce the “tomato” sauce and then add a pinch of sugar.
- Add the plantain, Worcester sauce and mix well. Add a splash of water to moisture the preparation, then add salt and pepper.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve with corn tortilla, or as a side dish.
Click edit button to change this text.